Friday 16 September 2011

Is there any way to change your personality?

Not trying to sound conceited, but I was voted most beautiful girl in my grade %26amp; I'm also #1 in our class... but I can't stand my personality. I'm shy and it takes me forever to warm up to anyone. How do I become more outgoing and bubbly? I'm not quick witted like everyone else seems to be.. My whole family is quiet and I wish I wasn't like this because it's hard to make friends and I'll be going off to high school in a few weeks.. Is there any way I can change my personality or am I just cursed with my genes? Please help?


Is there any way to change your personality?
Try making small talk. Imagine yourself being that confident, friendly girl that you want to be and believe that you can be that. How would she carry herself? How would she approach strangers? Then make a point of trying to talk to at least one stranger the way the girl you want to become would talk to a stranger. Really pay attention to other people when you are talking with them because this would make you not think about yourself and how quiet you are.



Personality changes do not happen overnight. Outline the girl you'd like to become and that will help you know what steps you need to take. Start by making small talks and with time, you'll be the person you want to become. Thats how powerful our minds are when we put them to good use.
Is there any way to change your personality?
Try taking a step outside the box so to speak. Try striking up a conversation with someone you wouldn't normally talk to. One of the ways I got rid of my shyness was to take a speech class. Getting up in front of the class and being put on the spot can make any one get over their shyness rather quickly.
head trauma, drugs, psychotherapy, dialectal therapy, EMDR.



things...