Saturday 24 September 2011

I have a paper due and need 3 teens to answer 12 questions about their reading habits. Will you please help?

Please first tell me your age, grade and gender. Write as much or as little as you care to. Spelling, complete sentences, etc. don't matter; I just need your honest answers. Thank you so much for participating! :)



1. If you could plan your perfect day, what would you do?

2. When you need to research for school, where do you find your information?

3. What don鈥檛 adults understand?

4. What is your favorite book?

5. How often do you read for pleasure?

6. What is your favorite television show or movie and why?

7. What kinds of stresses do people your age face?

8. What types of books do you enjoy reading and why?

9. What was the last book you read in school that you DIDN鈥橳 enjoy and why?

10. Do you think the library is an important place? Why or why not?

11. What would you change about your library/librarian?

12. What are your favorite things to do?
I have a paper due and need 3 teens to answer 12 questions about their reading habits. Will you please help?
I'm 21, but I'm going to pretend I'm 16 and in the 11th grade. :)





1. If you could plan your perfect day, what would you do? Going to see Cirque Du Soliel, then going to dinner at some restaurant, then spend the rest of the day hanging out with friends.

2. When you need to research for school, where do you find your information? Google and wikipedia. :D

3. What don鈥檛 adults understand? That times have changed and youth today is vastly different than it was 20 years ago.

4. What is your favorite book? The Kim Harrison series %26quot;The Hollows%26quot;.

5. How often do you read for pleasure? Pretty often. Usually about an hour a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

6. What is your favorite television show or movie and why? Across The Universe (movie). The songs are awesome, the symbolism is fantastic, and the whole movie is like eye candy.

7. What kinds of stresses do people your age face? Hormones.

8. What types of books do you enjoy reading and why? Fantasy. I like getting lost in worlds that look better than ours, by comparison.

9. What was the last book you read in school that you DIDN鈥橳 enjoy and why? I tried reading L.J. Smith's book %26quot;Nightworld%26quot; I couldnt finish. The writing was sloppy, the plot was dull, and the characters were flat.

10. Do you think the library is an important place? Why or why not? Of course its important! Take books you don't like/don't read/etc and take out new ones you might.

11. What would you change about your library/librarian? Larger sections, but that comes with living in a small town.

12. What are your favorite things to do? Be online, play video games, read, hang out with friends.
I have a paper due and need 3 teens to answer 12 questions about their reading habits. Will you please help?
I'm 14 , grade 9, female



1. Perfect day would be going to New York and seeing a broadway musical.

2.computer

3.they understand most things they are just trying to protect their children - they were children once too

4.Harry Potter the 7th/ecliplse

5.at night before I go to bed

6.My favorite movie is rent because its also my favorite musical

7.-homework, deadlines, pressure to do well in school, peer pressure,regret, failure

8.I enjoy reading suspensful fantasy books like the harry potter and twilight series because its so far fetched from reality and what the authors are able to come up with amaze me. I know I could never write like that because I'm so realistic.

9. Hatchet. It was unrealistic when it was sopossed to be and just really dumb all around.

10.Yes it is because he internet can only take you so far when doing a project.

11.I don't know her personally

12. sing, dance, act , perform
18/f/12th grade

1. get drunk and party the whole day

2.the nerd sitting right next to me ;)

3.they're OLD!

4.don't have 1

5.don't

6.the real world b.c the guys r hot

7.trying to get the hell out of high school

8.books about how many different ways people can **** without it stinkin'

9.everybook i fell asleep

10.yea u can check ur mail if ur computer goes up

11.i would take some of the books out and put a pool table and a basketball hoop in there that would be awsome

12.party/drink/pick my nose/scratch my ***/ hang out with my homies
1. i would go for a trip with my friends to a place which is exciting and entertaining.

2. i go look in te net, and sometimes in a nearby library

3. they dont trust us ( sometimes) even though we are doing nothing wrong.

4. Twilight

5. Not very often

6. i like 'my wife and kids' - because its funny and helps me bring a smile back on my face when i am sad.

7. many, like peer pressure about studies, health, looks etc

8. i love fantasy and books with magic.... mainly because they keep me entertained than boring life stuff.

9. there is no such book that i didn't enjoy.... all the books i read were good....thats mainly because i am avery selective person.

10. sometimes....when u need some knowledge ...its a good place

11. nothing.....i love my library

12. watch tv, chat with my friends and hang out with them.



hope that helped u.. bi
age: 15 grade: 10 gender: male



1. any day with my best friends is a perfect day as corny as that sounds

2. the internet usually or the school library

3. my life

4. the six frigates

5. when i find a book im interested in a read for like 5 hours a day but i only find a book im interested in once every other week

6. movie: V for Vendetta its a great movie

7. dating stress

8. i like action books or books about historical wars because they are the most interesting

9. i didnt really like of mice and men it was depressing and kinda boring

10. yea its a quiet place to study

11. nothing my librabry is really cool......well my librarbian talks a lot i would like to change that

12. hang out with friends
18, female, 12th. 1) I would go shopping and get a whole bunch of cute new clothes and shoes and accesories. 2) I research on the web, or in books. 3) Everything! 4) I love the Harry Potter series! 5) I've only read the Harry Potter books for pleasure because they are awesome books, and also the Twilight series! 6) I love that 70's show because it's really funny and completely true about a teen's life. 7) There's only one stress, DRAMA! everyone like's to talk about everyone and the second something happens everyone already knows about it; for example when 2 kids in school have sex or do anything then everyone already knows about it. 8) Harry Potter books because I'm very interested in the magical world they exist in..very exciting! 9) I didn't enjoy the book Death of a Salesman because it's very boring and annoying and it just doesn't interest me! 10) Yes the library is a very important place because the books there provide people correct information and on the internet it's very easy for someone to put false information up on the web. 11) I wouldnt really change anything..there's nothing to change. 12) I love shopping, working, going to the beach, spending time with my boyfriend and my friends and sometimes my family when they dont annoy the **** out of me!
I'll help you out :]

I'm 14, going into 9th grade, and female.



1. Go the the beach and read/tan.

2. On the internet or the library.

3. Some of the normal teen drama that happens all the time.

4. I have too many favorites :D

5. Everyday.

6. Make it or break it. I love any movie with gymnastics.

7. Peer pressure.

8. Horror, %26amp; mystery. It makes me question and want to keep reading.

9. I haven't read a book in school that I didn't enjoy.

10. YES! It has books for entertainment, and learning.

11. Nothing.

12. Read, running, cooking.



Hope I helped! :D
Hello, im 14, going to the 9th grade and im a girl.



1)going to the beach, then my fav restaurant then shopping at the mall

2) internet

3) the simple uses of modern day technology

4)twilight saga

5)barely, i would have to be really bored

6)iCarly (lol) its just so freakin hilareous ha ha

7)school work, teachers and projects from different teachers that are due the same day (lol) and when nobody did their homework or studied for a test.

8)i like anybook that has an interesting-looking cover most of the times %26amp;%26amp; i would sumetimes read the back

9)nothing but the truth byAvi. And i hated it becuz it was soooooo boring i just cant explain it.

10) kinda becue people go their to research stuff if they didnt have a computer.

11)idk. I dont go to the library

12)go on the internet, listen to ipod touch, go shopping%26amp; eat
14 (Turned 14 today!!!)----------9th----------Male



1. To the movies, then a nice dinner with my girl:)



2. I use the book for most, because the material on the test will be in the book. But if I'm interested I research it further on the internet.



3. That times have changed.



4. %26quot;Where The Red Fern Grows%26quot;, by: Wilson Rawls



5. Not enough as I'd like. I don't have a lot of time between school, sports, homework, friends, etc.



6. House, M.D.=P It's just very entertaining, and I love watching the characters develop.



7. There's constant drama at my age, but luckily it doesn't effect the guys as much. I've sort of learned to just live with it.



8. Sports/Mystery/Adventure. I don't know why, it's just the genre I get in to most:)



9. A Wrinkle In Time. It was a little TOO fictional/fantasy.



10. Yes. But it is steadily losing its value to the Google.



11. She has a weird mole near her eye that has hair growing out of it, and it's hard not to look at it. My library needs more Classics.



12. Sports, Education, and hanging out with my Girl Friend.



Thank You:)
im 14 and going into 8th im a female

1. If i could plan a perfect day i would go to cedar point.

2.on all kinds of different sites.

3. They dont understand how hard it actually is to b a kid because we have a lot of drama going on and all they say is bet them up oh who cares...drama drama drama. HMPH mybe they should come to the really world.

4.twilight

5.wtf? ooooo pleasure never!

6. secret life of an american teenager idkk

7.drama

8.serie and mystries cuz they are fun

9.tom sawyer it is the most gayest book ever

10.no, gayness

11 make it bigger i guess

12.cheerleading gymnastics exercising.
8th - F

1. If you could plan your perfect day, what would you do?

I would go to Balboa Park.

2. When you need to research for school, where do you find your information?

Internet and my textbooks.

3. What don鈥檛 adults understand?

That I am more independent and intelligent than they might think.

4. What is your favorite book?

I like so many books it is hard to choose. One of the Pretty Little Liars novels, probably. Or Anne of Green Gables.

5. How often do you read for pleasure?

Often.

6. What is your favorite television show or movie and why?

Clueless. I just like the plot and the characters. I haven't read Emma yet but appreciate the reference to literature.

7. What kinds of stresses do people your age face?

Competition with friends.

8. What types of books do you enjoy reading and why?

I like reading fictional books because I like seeing what characteristics I can use in my stories.

9. What was the last book you read in school that you DIDN鈥橳 enjoy and why?

The Golden Goblet/Yung Fu of the Upper Yangtze. They were as boring as hell and I had to listen to barely literate kids stutter out vocabulary too advanced for them.

10. Do you think the library is an important place? Why or why not?

I see the library as a place to self-teach. I began reading at an early age - mostly Greek, Roman and Egyptian mythology as well as dinosaur books, all discovered in the library.

11. What would you change about your library/librarian?

More selection.

12. What are your favorite things to do?

Reading (duh).

Writing.

Hanging out with friends.

Going to the movies.

Swimming.

Traveling (especially car and train rides).

Improving myself.

Listening to music.

Going to school (not the same as doing schoolwork).