Saturday 24 September 2011

I need your help (This is long, but I just need a simple answer)?

This is kind of long.

I do not know how many people are familiar with the Baby Think It Over program. It is a baby care simulation used in some health ed classes in high school to as a way to prevent teen pregnancies. It is suppose to simulate the reality of having to care for a baby. What is, is that the teacher gives you a %26quot;baby%26quot; (A Computerized baby simulator) It weighs, looks, and cries like a real baby. It needs to be fed, burped, and cared for. The computer inside the baby records what is being done. So if it records a certain amount of neglect (like not feeding the baby when it needs to be fed, or change the %26quot;diaper%26quot;) the teacher then drops your grade down. You have about 2 min to figure out what it needs. Anyways, I'm going to have to be doing this this coming weekend. The thing is, I'm going to have to pickup the baby at the end of school on Friday. I don't have a ride home until 3:30 and I get off at 2:50. I normally wait at a near by coffee shop. The thing is, I don't want to walk around with this baby. The baby is set so that it won't need care until about 9 at night, but the thing is it still can cry if I don't support the head. Basically if the head falls back, it will cry. Thus, lowering my grade. I need a way in which I can carry the baby, but conceal it safely, with its head supported. Basically, I want to be able to bring the %26quot;baby%26quot; with me, and conceal it, without having the head drop back and cry, as I wait outside the coffee place. Got any ideas on how I can do this? Or is my only way to do this is to hide it with my jacket? I'm looking for any good way of not getting notice with this thing. I think people may look at me weird becuase I have a plastic baby :P Also, I can't stay in school for specific reasons. Let's just say it is not safe for the %26quot;baby%26quot;. Anyways, how do I not get noticed with this thing for about 40 minutes?
I need your help (This is long, but I just need a simple answer)?
You could put a collar on it to prop up the head. Or tape a dowel between its back and the back of its head, pinning it in place. Then just put it in a duffel bag or knapsack to conceal it till you get your ride. Or you could just carry it around and explain to anyone who looks at you funny, %26quot;It's for school.%26quot; Those words make any bizarre or compromising nonsense completely acceptable.
I need your help (This is long, but I just need a simple answer)?
get a backpack and put like a sweater in it and put the baby in it too, hopefully the baby's head will be supported in there
O god, you are going to have a WONDERFUL weekend!!



Anyways, I would put it in your jacket that seems like the best bet and make sure you don't smother it. Just be careful, and try going to a place where no one is around if it begins to cry. If you have to bring it out with people around, say it's for Health. Who cares if you look stupid, your grades are better than people's gossip!



Best of Luck
a paper shopping bag--lay the doll flat in the bottom and put your jacket on top to hide it

I'm assuming that guys at your school would think it was funny to grab the doll and toss it around
Well, if you hide it under your jacket, people will think you're trying to steal something or something like that, so I wouldn't recommend it. I really can't think of a way you could possibly do that without being noticed, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most people know what that whole thing is about and they won't give you crap about it. And if they do, they're stupid, because everyone knows about that class where they make you carry around a plastic computerized baby. Just don't worry about it.

=)
Well, first off..... you are not the first person to do this %26quot;project%26quot;. Back in the day though, it was done with a thing of flour. So, if people do see you with this baby, they're probably not going to think too too much of it.



But, you could bring a blanket with you %26amp; swaddle it, so people will not actually see the baby. Just the blanket that you're holding.
alot of people know of the class. its nothing to be ashamed of.. you shouldnt care what they think. your in school and its your grade.. thats what you should worry about.. your not the only on doing it
Well, I do have a suggestion for you but doesn't giving you a suggestion on concealing the baby kind of defeat part of the purpose. I know that the main reason they do this in school (I also did it in school) is to show you how difficult it is to have a baby, but don't you think having to actually be seen with the baby have something to do with it too? The looks, the stares of ppl thinking why does he have that, in the same way if it were a real baby, %26quot;why does that kid have a baby?%26quot; My suggestion would be to just rap the baby in a blanket and stick it in your back pack in a good position so it doesn't get jumbled around but I think you should actually consider holding the baby out in front so people can see it. It will give you a lot to think about. Consider it part of your project to. Don't worry to much though. A lot of ppl have heard of this and won't be too confused of seeing you with a baby doll. Good Luck
if it doesn't need care until 9 at night then why would you need to hold it's head at 3:30?



besides, being too embarrassed to carry around something that is supposed to teach you how to be a better person won't get you anything except a bad attitude toward the project.



it's to teach you what it's really like. and you will not (i hope) ever put a baby in a jacket or backpack to hide.
hmmm

well i dont think you should conceal the baby

i remember last year when i did the project my teacer found out i tried to hide it...dnt kno how but she did said i trued to suffocate it

=(

i got a C
  • spanish name for boy
  • delegates
  •