Wednesday 21 September 2011

Does your name have to be spelt right for college applications?

Ok well when i was in the kindergarten i spelt my name

Savanha but when i went to the first grade my mom saw how i was writing it and she told me it was wrong and it was Savannha

so i corrected my teacher and told her it was Savannha with 2 %26quot;n's%26quot; and she corrected it and the school did also but like 2 years ago i looked at my SS and Birth certificate and it was spelt Savanha :l so now im screwed because my mother didnt know she spelt it like that and now im in the 11th grade and i still spell it Savannha and im going to start with financial aid and college stuff and idk if i should change it?? and its not very easy to just change your name over night and start spelling it differently because like iv been spelling it with 2 %26quot;n's%26quot; for like 10 years :l and like everything i have like accounts and things its with 2 %26quot;N's%26quot; my licence has one %26quot;N%26quot; and other things but i dont know what to do... do i just start off new in college with my correct spelling of the name?? and what about all that school stuff that will be transferred ?? does it matter if its all with the wrong spelling?
Does your name have to be spelt right for college applications?
lol, that's pretty funny, but



Did the college applications and the financial aid asked for your birth certificate? if they did, then I think it will be fine if you spelled it with 2 n's on your classwork, but spell your name with 1 n on your application.

If they don't, just 2 n's will probably be fine.



Don't worry too much about it. I know that it's college applications and it's very important, but I'm sure the people there get misspellings like that all the time and people with nicknames, too.



Also, they most likely won't look too much at your actual classwork. They'll just look through the school for your grades, so trying to find your name in the school might be the biggest problem. Maybe you should try asking the school to correct your name in the records.



However, just in case, try calling the office at the university and of the financial aid company or whatever, and ask them their opinion or advice on what to do.



I'm sure you'll be fine =]



P.S. good luck in college :]