Wednesday 21 September 2011

How to get teacher to raise your grade??? Nicely ... look at my letter?

OK, here's the email I got so far.... what can I add.... change.... ??? PLease give me advice... I want to be respectful and concincing







Dear Proff ______, I am have a few questions. First of all, is there any chance the final exam will be curved? (I'm guessing not). Second, I am slightly worried about my grade. I have gotten a 75% on the first test, 73% on the second, C on one essay, and C- on the other essay. I am taking the class pass or fail, so everything must be above a C-. I am concerned that my final exam my be slightly below that cut off line. And so, I have to ask.... if I AM slightly below that cut off line (making my final grade below a C-) , is there any way I would be able to make up a few points, aka re-vising a past essay paper , or something along those lines . I am on academic probation, and If i fail this class, my college career is well, over. I know your syllabus says- no extra credit, however, this is why I am asking for a way to work around this. I caluculated what I THINK is my grade... and its justa couple points short. All my other classes I have B's and C's..... I just need to pass this one to get me off academic probation.



PLease let me know what you think



Jennifer Student Id #######
How to get teacher to raise your grade??? Nicely ... look at my letter?
After reading this letter, I think it would be best if you went to the professor in person. However, you should only do this if you can show him/her that you have made a huge effort to improve in his class. Further, do not give him a sob story.



Simply state %26quot;I am taking this class P/F and I am concerned about my final grade. I believe I may be a few points short on my final grade. (show him the effort you have put into the class) Would it be possible for me to make up any extra points?%26quot;



Honestly, I doubt that the professor will be able to help you. Especially since it is explicitly stated in the syllabus that he does not allow extra credit.



If it doesn't work out, you could take some community college courses over the summer and perhaps next fall. If your grades improve you may be able to get back into school
How to get teacher to raise your grade??? Nicely ... look at my letter?
I doubt you will get the results you want. I'm sure he gets requests like this all of the time. He will probably say something like you should have worked harder and you shouldn't have waited until the last minute to worry about your grades. Instead of asking for more points elsewhere, ask for help studying for your final exam.
I think you should check all of your spelling first. Like don't call him Proff, spell it out, and justa, is not proper just a would be better.

In my honest opinon though it kind of sounds a little bit like a sob story. Try not to use so many ( )'s I think it looks kind of sloppy.

Remember it is not a letter to a friend, but to a professtional.
why don't you just give him/her skittles???