Wednesday 21 September 2011

What should I know about soccer if I want to try out?

I just turned 15 (8th grade) (~I went to young fives, I didn't get held back~) and have played tennis for 13 years! I've never done soccer before! I don't even know how to play, but it always looked like fun to me and lately I've wanted to try a team sport b/c next year on the tennis varisity I wil play singles. I am American if that's info that will change your answer. I want to try out for my high school team once I get into high school. I also run at least a mile or two everyday after school just so I can get stronger for my tennis. I won't be trying out until NEXT spring. But is there stuff I should know about soccer that will change my mind? My parents don't want me to try out b/c they are hoping I get a tennis scholarship for college and they think doing another sport will jepordize my tennis game b/c I would only be able to play on some weekends. Is there any way I can get ready for it? Give me any advise you have pro or con to soccer! Awesome! Thanks so much, everyone!
What should I know about soccer if I want to try out?
Okay look at it this way...What will playing soccer do your your tennis skills?! Well lets break them down one by one shall we. (Now these is something that you can use to tell your parents to encourage them if you're really interested in playing soccer.)



- running: it keeps you fit and flexible and helps with your agility.

- footwork: will be dramatically improve since that is what soccer is all about. The better footwork you have the more you excel. Plus you need to have good footwork on the tennis court, eh?

- aiming: sure its with your feet rather than with your hand but it will help you with your concentration. Make your more visual so you can visualize where ur gonna send that tennis ball.



Getting ready: Keep running. Just like tennis where you help your agility around the court by running for the balls down the line do the same thing for soccer. Just place them farther apart each time as your progress. Take time with concentrating on the ball and keep reminding yourself that you are not allowed to touch the ball with your hands unless you are a goalkeeper!
What should I know about soccer if I want to try out?
yeah u can train every day and by getting muscle in your legs will make u faster. you should watch alot of it on the televesion to see what tactics the proz use.

Report Abuse


i played soccr since i was 4. Im a midfeilder. How i do it is i practice everyday. and i sign up 4 clinics and i have a trainer, also sing up for camps. Indoor soccer is good for working on footwork and its a great sport and i would be glad if you took my advice! youll do fine!

Report Abuse


soccer is a great sport- just know that RUNNING is DEFINENTLY involved. be in shape, and have good coordination. and good sportmenship, because the sport gets pretty intense. remember to try to kick with the inside of your foot, and not your toes all the time. pass the ball when you can. pretend you know what youre doing. good luck.
soccer is a great sport, just know that RUNNING is DEFINENTLY involved
u should knownot to use hands, u should know the boundries, and its a team game play with the team nott like ur the only one

ways to ge ready are practice with friend or by ur self.
SOCCER ROCKS ITS LIKE MY LIFE YOU DEFINANTLY NEED RUNNING AND BALL HANDLING SKILLS. SOCCER IS VERY AGGRESSIVE SO IF YOU ARE AFRAID TO GET DOWN AND DIRTY TRYIN TO SCORE DONT TRY OUT.
learn the offside rule, practise kick ups and dont feel bad about foulin ppl and bein aggressive
You should learn how to kick the ball powerfully and accuratly at the same time.Also learn how to dribble the ball and also learn to play atleast a little bit of defense since you will have to defend if you play every position except forward.Definitely should learn some rules.The most important thing is to know what POSTION TO PLAY!
so why are you writing such a long thing god try to keep it short
Everything
  • migrating existing portal
  • cs files
  •