Friday 16 September 2011

Help with a really strict teacher ?

So i just checked my grades online today

and in my AVID class i was expecting to see my

usual b+... however, i found it to be a C.

So i click on 'more detail' and she put that i missed

2 assignments. I did not.

I clearly remember turing them in, but my problem is,

i've seen a student go up to her and tell her the exact issue i had, and she said something like %26quot;well if you turned it is then they would have been in my hands, so what do you what me to do about that?! im not changing your grade.%26quot;

I want my b+ back, i need a certain grade point average to stay on student council and i'm not sure how to approach my teacher about this issue. Any help ?
Help with a really strict teacher ?
First off, calm down. She's a teacher............what's the worst she can do? Yell at you? :)



Second, remain calm. Being tense and up tight will make her more irritable.



Tomorrow, cooly walk up to her and try to explain. Don't sound accusing. Simply say something like %26quot;I very well remember handing them in to the basket.....maybe I was mistaken and it was a different assignment (teachers LOVE it when you take the blame and not them), do you by any chance remember recieving it, or know where it might be?



This will stop the strictness (probably), but my guess is that she still doesn't know about it, so you probably still won't get credit.



This is were you put on a sad face and softly sigh, then, pretend to perk up a little and say %26quot;is there anything I can do to make up for those grades?%26quot; Most likely she will say yes.



I personally hate it when teachers lose my assinments. So I always copy my homework before handing it in, just in case the idiotic teacher loses it. Maybe you should try that too......



Good luck