Friday 16 September 2011

I failed my Calc. test. How do I tell my parents?

For the first time in my life, I failed a math test. I was sick as a dog and I had other stuff to study for that day. So basically just flunked the test completely. It was our first test so my grade is a D right now. And grade reports get sent out this Saturday (not official grades). My parents will not understand why my grade is so bad, they will just look at it and then berate me. So I need a way to tell them in case I can't intercept the report card. All my other grades are A's but Calc is a D. I know I am going to bring it up later but my school is retarded and sends out grade reports like every 4 weeks so there is like no time in between to make a siginficant change in your grade.
I failed my Calc. test. How do I tell my parents?
okay - so you messed up. There is no way to handle this except be honest.



Tell your parents that you messed up on a test but don't make excuses. If you parents are like me, all they will want to know is that you know what you did wrong and more importantly, are taking steps to fix it. Are you getting help from your calc. teacher to figure our what you messed up on? Have you met with your calc. teacher to go over the test? If not, you should!



Then, tell you parents you messed up but you have met with the teacher and figured out what went wrong and that they will be proud of your next mark! Then, make sure you stay on track and get help when you need it.



good luck
I failed my Calc. test. How do I tell my parents?
Ask your teacher to take a re-take first thing in the morning.

Review what you didn't/don't understand, and then tell your parents you reviewed over what you didn't understand and now (hopefully) understand it. Don't lie...it always rises to the surface...always.
First, explain your situation to your teacher and ask if there's anything you can do to raise your grade. Second, just be honest with your parents. Tell them you weren't feeling well that day, but you toughed it out and took the test anyway, when you really should have stayed at home and rested. Also tell them that you're really sorry that you let them down, and that you've talked to the teacher, about raising your grade. Also tell them that you're going to make a concerted effort to do better, maybe even see if you can get tutoring. If your parents see that you genuinely feel bad and have taken the initiative to rectify the situation they may be willing to not ground and berate you. Just make sure you apologize up and down, and tell them that you're not only sorry you've disappointed them, but you've disappointed yourself.