Wednesday 21 September 2011

Help me? Best answer WILL be chosen?

my 8th grade student council speech



Anyone here do a sport? Raise your hands and keep them up. Anyone one here into Art or playing music? Raise your hands. Anyone here good at video games? Raise your hands. How about, anyone here going to be an eighth grader next year? Everyone raise your hands. Hi, my names Chelsey Harris and I鈥檓 running for your guys鈥?8th grade president! Well summer鈥檚 almost here and I KNOW you guys don鈥檛 want to hear about school next year, but let me change your mind about that. If I鈥檓 voted for 8th grade president I swear to all of you that next year will be the most amazing yet! I鈥檓 ready to LISTEN, and represent YOUR ideas. I cannot promise that if I am elected we will have soda pop in our drinking fountains or have no homework, but I can pass your ideas along to the faculty. Some of my Ideas are a Haunted House on Halloween, a Christmas Decorating Contest, and How about Taking the Recycling to Next Year? Okay lets try this, when I was Vote you say Chelsey (do that about three times) Okay how about when I say For you say President (do that some more) Remember: Everyone says Vote Chelsey for Prez!



details:

at the moment we are 7th graders

there is only 4 other people running for the spot, ones super funny, other's name is Kelsie, last one i dont know about.

please please please help me! comments are greatly apprecaited. i WILL be giving out an best anwer to who helps me the most



AND if you have any good skit ideas to go along with this that would help me SOOOO much. thanks!
Help me? Best answer WILL be chosen?
This sounds like fun, you should do well and win.
Help me? Best answer WILL be chosen?
Excuse me Chelsey,what grade am I?I'm 52.Try posting on your school web site.With your patter you have a great future in American politics,a SOOOO great future.
Not bad.



My only concern is that you're relying on the audience to participate so much. I see a room full of people who are probably talking to each other or bored or looking at the clock, etc. If only a few raise their hands or shout your name, you might get a little nervous. But if that happens don't worry about it.



It might not hurt to throw in a couple more ideas. Of the three you mentioned, two are pretty much %26quot;decoration%26quot; ideas (Halloween and Christmas). I'm not sure what %26quot;Taking the Recycling to Next Year%26quot; means exactly. If you can think of just one or two more %26quot;action%26quot; ideas it might help.



Best of luck!
can we please put our hands down
You should say what makes you qualified for the office of president and I think I have your skit. You could have a balloon with a face on it and a pre recorded voice on a recorder. Some thing like this.

Balloon: So Chelsey your want to make the school a better place Right?

Chelsey: Yes That's right.

Balloon: May I ask how are you going to do this without putting soda in our water fountains? Are you going to cancel School?

Chelsey: That's funny. No i'm going to (Say what you plan on doing, how your going to do it and How it's going to make the school better)

Balloon: I see but you should really look into the soda in the water fountains. That could come in handy on a hot day and you have no money for the vending machines. Just think about it.

Chelsey: I appreciate suggestion and I would love to hear all your ideas before or after school.

Balloon: Well thank you Chelsey and I will be sure to remember Vote Chels over somebody else.

Chelsey:Thank you Balloon.

You really should name the balloon. And just to warn you you might get laughed at for talking to a balloon. Hope this helps and if you need any more help just e-mail me I'm in seventh grade and Ithink or I should know what a seventh grader is looking for in their next y president.