Friday 16 September 2011

When LSAC (LSDAS?) reformulates your GPA, how does it change your current gpa?

When LSAC reformulates your GPA, how does it usually change or GPA? Will it get lower or higher, or does it vary? I would like to know how that works. I have a low GPA overall (2.7), but the grades from my last two years (60+) is a lot better than my early undergrad years. I changed majors (to one that I still didn't like) and I got better in higher level courses than I did at the beginning of my college career. I know I have to get high score in the LSAT so I'm trying to find a good (and affordable) lsat course in my area. I'm shooting for Cardozo, Brooklyn, Fordham (?), Stetson (?, cousin goes there), UMiami, UF and FSU. If I had a higher GPA, I'd apply to Columbia. I am hoping the LSAC doesn't change my GPA for the worse.
When LSAC (LSDAS?) reformulates your GPA, how does it change your current gpa?
I don't even remember my GPA being changed by LSAC. I applied to law school through it and am now in law school...
When LSAC (LSDAS?) reformulates your GPA, how does it change your current gpa?
They use a standard 4.0 scale awarding 4.3 for A+. Classes that you retake to replace previously failed classes DO NOT replace the previously failed class. They are averaged. For some it will go up, for others it will go down. Even some do not see a radical change.