Saturday 24 September 2011

Ugly duckings turns into a swan? Akward stage? Share your stories?

OK.

I'm going through the stage I think.

I wear glasses, bushy eye brows [don't want to pluck it well cause, I don't want to keep constantly plucking it. I'll pluck it before grad. I'm in grade 8] And I keep my hair up all the time.



Share you stories? And how did you get better? How'd you change/fix your problem?



Any tips..?



T H A N K S !
Ugly duckings turns into a swan? Akward stage? Share your stories?
this will make you feel good about yourself!

when i was in year 6 till about 8 i had huge growth spurts, i would grow so fast my brain took a while to adjust to it so every time i reached for a glass or something i would push it over because my brain didn't realise how long my arms were! i was always tripping over because my legs would get tangled around stuff.

so you may not look fantastic right now, but at least you're not covered in scabs or drawing attention to you self by falling over stuff all the time!
Ugly duckings turns into a swan? Akward stage? Share your stories?
Well in grade 6 I had a unibrow and ugly hair. Then I plucked the unibrow and my hair magically went curly. Voila. I wouldn't call myself a swan though.
just work through it...do whatever makes you feel good not what other people think you should try wearing your hair down sometimes it makes you look completely different and you may like the change and it could help you get through your stage....
okay, you're not going through any stage.

you're looking gross, and you know it. if it was a stage, you wouldn't.

there is not a time where you magically change, it happens over time.

so stop being so clueless, and stop thinking you're going to turn into a swan without any help. so start plucking, get contacts, and put your hair down. also, don't ask stupid questions, thanks.
when I was young I was cute
I have a few stories...

1) I used to wear braces and have a huuuuge face. My face thinned out, the braces were lost, and Tada!

2) I knew this guy with spikey thin hair and a horsey face... Ohmigod... He is now seriously the hottest guy on the planet. His hair got all wavy and his face...wow.

3) My best friend used to be super tall and gimpy and had acne and greasy hair. She grew into her tall frame and got rid of the acne and now all the guys are obsessed with her.



Edit: I kept my glasses, though. I like them because they add dimension to your face and make you look smart. lol
haha tht was me in 6th grade



always wore baggy jeans and sweatshirts

always had my hair up

glasses

thick eyebrows

chubby



i fixed it by



getting better style

growing my hair out so i likes it

getting contacts

plucking the strays

and just got skinnier



just keep a positive attitude and youll be pretty

im in 8th grade now too :)
get designer glasses or glasses that fit you
all muy life until middle of 7th grade i was hideous(besides when i was little, i was sooo cute). i got my hair layered and stylishly cut, wore better fitting clothes, unfortunatly gained a few lbs, and got contacts.
When i was in 6th grade i wore glasses, braces, and had the WORST fashion sense. my eyebrows were bushy, i slept with my hair up in a wet but all night so when i woke up my hair was a mess, but i didnt care. People called me ugly and played jokes on me. I think i started to change the day i stopped sleeping with my hair in a wet bun and people were complimenting my hair, and so it began. my obsession with my appearence. it just happened, i dont know how to explain it. i went from being geeky skinny and tall to being a pretty girl in about a year and a half. its kind of hard for me to believe im the same person looking back. I started picking out better clothes, doing my hair, and taking care of myself. i get compliments all the time now, and im not the one whos picked last and made fun of. Im actually one of the pretty girls. but i am really self concious still because of everyone making fun of me.
oh its ok

i'm in the seventh grade and i went through that stage in 5th grade when i had really bad acne and eyebrows and clothes

i think i'm still in that stage because i wear glasses and i have braces but now i have better skin, i pluck my eyebrows, i have better clothes and i got a nice hair cut
I used to be hideous when I was a little kid. I never cared what I looked like and no boy ever liked me. My teeth were HORRIBLE! I had a huge over bite and big beaver teeth with a gap. I had glasses too....eww. LOL I looked soooo weird. I was also chubby and my hair was always so long and damaged. Now that I'm in 9th grade, I changed dramatically. I really don't know if people consider me pretty, but I know I look a lot better. I had a growth spurt,lost some weight, and got into dance which got me in shape. Also I got braces and my teeth look SO incredibly different! They're straighter, whiter, and my over bite is gone! I'm getting them off in 2 months =] I got contacts too...yay! lol Also I'm taking care of my hair, so yeah. I visited my elementary teacher the other day, and she didn't even reconize me. I hope thats a good thing...!
I went through the awkward ugly duckling stage when I was 12-13, and boy was it horrid. I don't think I realized just how horrid it was until I was out of it. I think pretty much everyone goes through it, though some are probably worse than others. I had very bushy eyebrows with a bald spot about the size of a pea on my right eyebrow from when I was 2 and had the chicken pocks. Awkward, wavy sort of frizzy/bushy hair. Braces. Glasses. Lots of acne. A little chubby.

I'm 16 now and I'm completely out of the awkward stage, though it took me a while. I %26quot;fixed%26quot; my problems over the years: plucked my eyebrows (though I had a bit of a disaster at first where I over plucked them because of the bald spot so they were tiny and REALLY far apart for a long time. I finally regrew them out and fill them in with eyebrow pencil to hide the bald spot and they're perfect now.), I straighten my hair every day, I went on a drug called Accutane for 6 months for my acne (which is a really hardcore acne medication, it's sort of a last-resort for really stubborn acne) and now my acne's all gone, got my braces off and have a lovely white, straight smile (thanks to whitening strips), got contacts to replace my glasses so now everyone can see and compliment my very blue eyes, and I work out every day to keep my weight in check and my curves have proportioned themselves quite nicely and I'm toned and athletic but not gross unhealthy stick skinny.

The biggest difference about me though is my confidence level. I used to hide as much as I could, knowing I was hideous and in an awkward stage that seemed to never want to go away. But somehow I've managed to pull myself together and come out of it and I really do love my appearance. People tell me I'm pretty - but not just pretty, they tell me I'm beautiful. And guess what? I really do feel beautiful. I hold myself differently, I always sit/stand up straight to show people I feel good about myself.

Good luck, I know you'll grow out of it :] We all do.
i hate eyebrows. i wish they were gone but we cant. well, i guess we can but we would look extremely weird. but anyway, i wax my eyebrows. it's painful at first but after a few times its no big deal. just pluck and stuff!! and i wear a little bit of make up everyday. make it look natural. and put your hair down, girl!! theres a girl in my school who never ever takes her hair down. it looks the same EVERYDAY. boring! i used to be really, uhhm. not that good looking. haha. i changed up my style and used some make up and it made me look a lot older!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go for it!! good luck!