Wednesday 21 September 2011

How to change your thought process?

AH!

I cannot quit obsessively thinking about my lovers ex-girlfriend!

Not so much in a bad way, but she is a Doctor and I just keep thinking about how I want to be like her and I am envy of her life and how motivated, active, social, smart, goal oriented/accomplished she is, and how I want to do something with my life and want to be a doctor (I used to when I was younger, so I feel like I'm regretting that I never accomplished my childhood dream... almost to the point where I kinda feel bad about myself) and how much my lover must admire her and makes it obvious why he can't get over her. And I keep thinking about their relationship and how long they've been together (since 8th grade - so for 13+ years) and how much he must love her. I have never met her, just photos/stories/letters...



I never had someone I looked up to when I was younger. Never was taught to make goals/dreams. I've never known a person like her. I feel like she is inspiring me to be a better person? and to live life to the fullest... I already feel like a better person in just the 1 year I have known about this women.



Other than this, I am pretty happy with myself and my life. But now I just feel like I can and should make it even better. A lot better....

(I am working on getting over this guy and moving on, And am pretty strong willed w/ my emotions, so I'm not worried about that part....)



But how do I continue to change my life for the better, without always thinking about him/her?!?
How to change your thought process?
You really need to read over your question about a hundred times, that will enlighten you to the truth. First you need to be %26quot;Content with yourself%26quot;, and your not yet. Second, you need to bust your self-esteem, do something that will raise your self-esteem. Make %26quot;Short Term Goals%26quot;, and accomplish them. Make sure your goals that you set are correlated with your long term goal. When making decisions, think before making %26quot;BIG%26quot; decisions, because they might interfere with you long term goal. Lastly, learn more about %26quot;Emotional Maturity%26quot;, this will really help you. One more thing. Write a letter, but don't mail it to your ex-boyfriend and his girlfriend, tell them both how they changed your life, etc.
How to change your thought process?
sounds like a life coach would be good for something like this. or psychologist
You will not stop being obsessed until you accomplish something better.
focus on smaller things first. If you want to make a better life for yourself, then you need to start with education.

Find other role models that are not this woman.

in medicine you can look at albert schwitzer, patch adams or even che guevara. look for humanitarians like angelina jolie or even fake doctors like on tv or the movies.



And one other thing, i love a doctor. i look up to him and has asked why he is not dating a doctor. he said because the doctors he knows and dates and the girls he went through medical school with are not people he could fall in love with. he says they are missing things that others girls have. i dont know what he meant by that, but it made me feel more secure and not jealous about him going to work with female doctors.