Friday 7 October 2011

Will Grade 10 Courses affect University?

I'm in grade 10 and I think I kind of screwed over on my optional courses. I'm pretty smart like my average for semester one was over 90% And I had Math [91%] Science [93%] English [90%] and Business [91%] For semester 2 I dropped Grade 11 math and then I kept changing my optionals.

Anyways my question is that will universities look at your grade 10 optional courses? I took guitars (And I don't even know how to play-but it's a beginners course) and Family Living and I had Business Semester 1. Will it affect my university chances or anything?
Will Grade 10 Courses affect University?
Everything that you do in High School will affect you. Well it really depends on your overall grade. As long as you finish all the required classes that you need to graduate and also if you do classes like HONORS or AP classes like these can really benefit you. Even though your only in 10th grade just keep your GPA up and also don't screw up your grades. Universities should be able to look at courses as normal high school course, but I advice taking higher courses.
Will Grade 10 Courses affect University?
they look at all of your high school classes.
In the US, they look at all your marks, in Canada, they look at grade 12, and grade 11 for early acceptance.
It all depends on what University, and what you're majoring in.
Yes, universities look at your transcript from your freshman year onward.

If you improve your next year/semester it probably won't hurt you too badly.
I highly doubt it! When I was your age that was the last thing on my mind. I mean maybe if your looking at going to one of the top Universities of the country. But from my experience they mainly just pay attention to your GPA and your classes you take Junior and Senior year.
As long as you have 6 senior level University Prerequisites( Courses like English and Math) you should be fine.
All 4 years of high school affect University, but colleges don't really look that much into electives! They focus more on academics! It really depends on where you want to go! Most of the universities I applied to this year only counted the academic courses in my GPA anyways. So my answer is no, the elective won't affect your chances! There are far more important things for them to consider!
Don't worry about grade 10 grade average too much, worry about your 11th grade grade average, universities focus more on your 11th grade scores. But still do good in 10th grade, it'll look good.
they look at your overall high school transcript

but it depends at what college your looking at