Friday 7 October 2011

How do you study for your finals?

Do you have any special techniques?



Do you make notecards?

Memorize things?

Read past quizzes and tests?

Make notes to yourself?



How about some advice?

Like on sleep and breakfast?



I'm always sleeping like 5 or less hours of sleep haha

so I guess I'll have to change that bad habit soon . . .

I definitely want to raise my grade up for English, which is probably the hardest subject among all my other classes. Crazy, I know, but I have the hardest teacher for English. I have a B in that class which really drives me crazy. I'm hoping for an something close to an A as a final grade.



If finals are 20% of your final grade, how much can the final affect your grade if you got around a 90 on the final?
How do you study for your finals?
I used to read through the textbook and my notes. I would repeat the reading of each until I got the information. This takes a long time, but it worked for me. The only problem is that this takes a long time.



Note cards are a good idea for some people, especially if they write the information out themselves. Some people learn better by outlining the information or writing notes to themselves. Other people learn best by hearing the information (reading it out loud to themselves, for instance). You should use whatever method works best for you.



If you want to learn the information really well, it is a good idea to study a little bit at a time, rather than cramming at the last minute. (Maybe study a half hour of English every night. If you need more or less time, adjust accordingly.)



If the teacher has a day for review, you shouldn't miss that. You want to take really good notes of what to review. Often, the review tells you exactly what will be on the test.



With respect to finals, if your current grade in the class is an 80 and you get a 90 on the final, that will give you an 82 for the class. If you have an 88 in the class now and you get a 90 on the final, that will give you an 88.4 for the class. To figure out what your grade will be for the whole class, you want to multiply your current grade times 4, add the grade you get on your final, and divide this by 5. (This is how you would get the average grade, with the final counting as 1/5 or 20%.)



Good luck and happy studying!
How do you study for your finals?
ok review note, tests quizzes, any material u have learned and get a good night sleep and eat a big breakfast!!!!!!



GOOD LUCK!!!!



BTW I need to ace my math Final or ill fail math!!!!!!

So im really scared!!!!!