Friday 7 October 2011

What can help my acting?

I live in the Philippines and its hard to get an acting gig here. So one day I want to move to the US and stay with my uncle and aunt in LA. but I'm only in high school so in the meantime I'm gonna concentrate on grades and acting. I'm going to a new school and I don't know if they have an acting club but I want to learn how to get better in acting to raise confidence in getting into Hollywood. besides acting my parents want me to be a nurse which is Ok I guess.but I want to act and I think acting is like wearing a costume and you can be whatever and change your personality and I dont want to be an actress because of fame but its more of a passion for me. All I've been doing to practice is reading scripts from plays and TV shows by myself and try to act them out when Im alone. and if there are any acting agents out there or something tell me if my look has what it takes for actingn



http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/鈥?/a>

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/鈥?/a>
What can help my acting?
Child, if you wish to act, you must act. To imagine that living in Los Angelese will help you become an actress is a terrible misconception.

Imagine (to use a metaphor), you were to walk into a large business and ask to be put in charge of the assembly line. Would you expect success, if you had nothing but your pretty face to show?

Of course not.

Acting, in LA or anywhere else, is a business. It is the entertainment business. And while you are a pretty child, you are not (if you will pardon me being blunt) unusually beautiful. You may be the most talented actor since Meryl Streep, but that is something you must prove.

Find a local theater company and act with others. Do shows, plays, perform in company (practice may help, but performance pays). Build a resume.

And then (and only then) try to find an agent. Get an agent first. Relocate to another nation only AFTER you have developed sufficient skills and reputation to be %26quot;hired%26quot; to do the job.

No one - and I mean NO ONE - gets %26quot;discovered%26quot; simply by living in LA.
What can help my acting?
You stand a chance.



It's doubtfull you'll do stage acting til you are older, but you might land occasional parts in TV and movies
See if you can get a copy of %26quot;Respect for Acting%26quot; by Uta Hagen. That's a very helpful book on the topic. Read anything you can by Sanford Meisner as well.



Acting is very interesting profession. An actor keeps learning all the time, and there's nothing better than that.
i too want to explore acting but what me and my family came up with is to make our own screen play then act it out our selfs because thats how u find urself
  • programming
  • parameter
  •