Friday 7 October 2011

Adding in quotes for a book I am writing...? help please??

ok, I am thinking about writing a book. Right now I am coming up with random titles to start off with and then from there I come up with a story. I don't know how I do it I just make up something as I go in my head and then I quickly write it down before I forget it. Anyways, I am thinking on writing a book about a teenager who takes an english class in the 9th grade, who's teacher makes them read a quote and makes them write about what they think it means and how they have ever experienced or encountered something that envolves that. In the story this teenager, at the beginning thinks about how stupid these quotes are and writes down answers that say things like %26quot;this quote doesn't effect me%26quot;, and %26quot;I don't know%26quot;. But then they experience things that DO have to deal with those things written in the quotes...



so what this all comes down to is this...

I am hoping to get some quotes from you people. Quotes that may have changed YOUR life and I would like u to say how they DID change..
Adding in quotes for a book I am writing...? help please??
Movie quotes:



Elliot Richards: I wish to be the world's most sensitive man. No, wait -- the world's most emotionally sensitive man. The Devil: Damn. Coulda had a lot of fun with that one.



Will Turner: Where's Elizabeth?

Jack Sparrow: She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really... except for Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman.



Norman Bates: She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?



Detective Milton Arbogast: We're always quickest to doubt people who have a reputation for being honest. (Honestly!)



William of Baskerville: How peaceful life would be without love, Adso. How safe, how tranquil... and how dull.



[Regarding women.]

William of Baskerville: I find it difficult to convince myself that God would have introduced such a foul being into creation without endowing her with some virtues, hmmm?



Nosferatue: And at that moment, as if by a miracle, the sick no longer died, and the stifling shadow of the vampire vanished with the morning sun.





Love Quotes:



A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.

Ingrid Bergman



The best proof of love is trust.

Joyce Brothers



Who so loves believes the impossible.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning



Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.

Leo Buscaglia



Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love.

Leo Buscaglia



Sometimes it's a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence.

David Byrne



Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin



Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.

Rainer Maria Rilke



We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.

Tom Robbins



There is no disguise which can hide love for long where it exists, or simulate it where it does not.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld



Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld



True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld



Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love. I'd stepped in it a few times.

Rita Rudner



To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

Bertrand Russell



I was about half in love with her by the time we sat down. That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty... you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are.

J. D. Salinger



Love means not ever having to say you're sorry.

Erich Segal



As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words.

William Shakespeare



Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs.

William Shakespeare



First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity.

George Bernard Shaw



A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love.

Henri B. Stendhal



The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.

Mother Teresa



If you judge people, you have no time to love them.

Mother Teresa



I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa



Beauty, Beautiful:





The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. %26lt;br%26gt;

They must be felt with the heart. %26lt;br%26gt;

- Helen Keller %26lt;br%26gt;



It seems to me we can never give up longing and wishing while we are thoroughly alive. %26lt;br%26gt;

There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger after them. %26lt;br%26gt;

- George Elliot %26lt;br%26gt;



No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through tears. %26lt;br%26gt;

- Unknown %26lt;br%26gt;



Nothing can happen more beautiful than death. %26lt;br%26gt;

- Walt Whitman %26lt;br%26gt;



Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies. %26lt;br%26gt;

- Ralph Waldo Emerson %26lt;br%26gt;



Things are pretty, graceful, rich, elegant, handsome, but, %26lt;br%26gt;

until they speak to the imagination, not yet beautiful. %26lt;br%26gt;

- Ralph Waldo Emerson %26lt;br%26gt;



It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life, that no man %26lt;br%26gt;

can sincerely try to help another without helping himself. %26lt;br%26gt;

- Ralph Waldo Emerson %26lt;br%26gt;



Man makes holy what he believes, as he makes beautiful what he loves. %26lt;br%26gt;

- Ernest Renan %26lt;br%26gt;



We are not powerless specks of dust drifting around in the wind, %26lt;br%26gt;

blown by random destiny. We are, each of us, like beautiful snowflakes unique, %26lt;br%26gt;

and born for a specific reason and purpose. %26lt;br%26gt;

- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross %26lt;br%26gt;



Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy. %26lt;br%26gt;

- Anne Frank %26lt;br%26gt;



Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone. %26lt;br%26gt;

- Anonymous %26lt;br%26gt;



The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are %26lt;br%26gt;

permitted to remain children all our lives. %26lt;br%26gt;

- Albert Einstein %26lt;br%26gt;



The lover knows much more about absolute good and universal beauty %26lt;br%26gt;

than logician or theologian, unless the latter, too, be lovers in disguise %26lt;br%26gt;

- George Santayana (1863-1952) %26lt;br%26gt;





Other:



Don't expect to learn about people from books; a %26lt;br%26gt;

person can't fit in a bookcase. %26lt;br%26gt;



Ten out of ten people die, so don't take life too

seriously. %26lt;br%26gt;



When the world comes to an end, it will do so

without my permission. %26lt;br%26gt;



We're all here because we're not all here. %26lt;br%26gt;



I need to get the cotton out of my ears and put it

in my mouth. %26lt;br%26gt;



If you think you're happy, you are. If you think

you're wise, you're not. %26lt;br%26gt;



Don鈥檛 worry be happy. %26lt;br%26gt;



When I don't have expectations of others, anything

positive they do is a pleasant surprise. %26lt;br%26gt;



One day at a time. %26lt;br%26gt;



We cannot control the direction of the wind, but maybe we can adjust our sails. %26lt;br%26gt;

- Fr. Emmerich Vogt %26lt;br%26gt;
Adding in quotes for a book I am writing...? help please??
be alert. we need more lerts.
i forgot who said it, but one is, %26quot;the supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.%26quot;



also, try www.quotes.com.



They have lots of quotes that are separated into sections and topics
I don't think you should waste much time coming up with titles.. that is usually figured out after the books completion.



Are you looking for literary quotes? movie quotes? political quotes?



you go with an MLK speech.. and then show that racial inequality is still prevalent (sp?).. etc. but that's been done a million times, I'm sure.
Its not really a qoute but this poem, really made me think about the issue of racisim. I really like it



No Difference by Shel Silverstein

Small as a peanut

Big as a giant,

We're all the same size

When we turn off the light.

Red black or orange,

Yellow or white

We all look the same

When we turn off the light.

So maybe the way

To make everything right

Is for God to just reach out

And turn off the light!



And another one i thought of, but don't remember who said it,



Experience is the hardest teacher, she gives the tests first and teaches the lessons later.
It is Gods job to forgive the 911 terrorists. Its mine to set up the meeting.
What you give your attention to grows...

This quote made me realize I was bringing in all kinds of bad things into my life, when I changed my stinkin thinkin...it all changed as if by magic in a split second...and I have a life I love now...hows that for a quote!
%26quot;Be sure your sins will find you out%26quot;

was my mother favorite line when I was growing up.
Once, before the board exams, my teacher encouraged us by giving this quote:

''Life's race is not won by the faster or the stronger man,

It is won by the one who thinks he can.''

This quote made me believe that I could get the marks I wanted and also got me the marks i wanted.

Whenever I get nervous, or think how dumb I am, this quote always comes in my head and helps me.

Hope u liked it.

Have a nice day!!

Hope u complete ur book with success!!
  • bird
  • How to get stains out of comforter
  •