Friday 7 October 2011

I want to be friends with a girl in my grade who also has eating disorder...would it be weird if i said this?

We're both 15, in the same resource class.i know she's anorexic and i've wanted to talk to her ever since 6th grade but i'm really shy and so is she.we're facebook friends tho! shes 5'1 87 pounds, i'm 5' 85 pounds. so, i went to a party with her this weekend. we kinda talked about our eating disorders, here's how it went...

they were talking about what u could change about your body if u could and i went first. i said i wanted to get my period and of course everyones like, %26quot;omg i can't believe u don't have it yet.%26quot; and %26quot;god, (my name), if u would eat food you'd probably get it.%26quot; so then i asked this girl,%26quot;do u have yours?%26quot; so she said yes but proceeded to talk about how she once didnt get it for 5 months and how she almost faints wen she does...so everyone told her she needed to eat too. then she talks about how she does eat and her eating has improved since the beginning of this year and then they start picking on me again, telling me how thin i am. i just kind of listen and say that i DO eat, just not much. the other girl tells me that i am really thin and need to eat...then we have a big long convo about our eating habits, this one emaciated girl in our grade, and we also talk about normal stuff like school, ice skating (which we did before the sleepover) and kids in our grade. ...

i'm afraid that we'll both b too shy to talk in school monday:(

was wondering if it would be good if i said somethin like this to her,

%26quot;Hey (name), I kinda wanted to tlk to you about something. It's ok if you don't want to talk about it but i was wondering if maybe we could talk about our eating habits. I don't really know anyone else who's going through what i am, so would it be cool if we could talk sometime?%26quot;
I want to be friends with a girl in my grade who also has eating disorder...would it be weird if i said this?
I would say that you both need to get help with your eating disorder. Not usually a good common interest that friends should have. If you want her to be her friend I wouldn't just walk up and discuss your eating disorders. Maybe get to know her better. I would suggest talking to someone like a family member or close friend because you should get help concerning your eating habits.
I want to be friends with a girl in my grade who also has eating disorder...would it be weird if i said this?
Invite her over to your house or to some event or something and see what she says. Remember eating disorders are not okay! You both need to get help and rely on each other for support during this hard time for you both. ***Please don't feed off each others eating disorders and get worse!!!
I think you should talk to a doctor rather than another anorexic.



Good luck...
you both need to go to therapy at a recovery center and surround yourself with people who like you. Stay away from me freaks!
i recommend a date/field trip to the ore-ida plant nearest you for some extra credit and free sample tater tots.