Wednesday 26 October 2011

PLEASE READ AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…

This is the first chapter of my book. Does it move too fast?





I looked up at my wall and let my eyes fill with angry tears. How could he just up and leave? He was a star now, but I missed him. Charles’s picture hung everywhere. I had to be his biggest fan. He was my best friend.

He was just a pop star now. I wanted my best friend back. On the posters he was posing, sometimes with his shirt off and his awesome abs showing. My heart pounded hard every time I looked into the eyes of each of his posters. Man, was I in love with him.

Charles was coming back though. He was staying for two weeks this summer. Maybe I could convince him to come home permanently. My tears spilt over and I sobbed into my pillow. A knock sounded at my door and I wiped my eyes.

“Come in!” I called. The door opened and a familiar face popped in. It was Charles. I jumped off my bed and threw my arms around him. He hugged me to his chest.

“Someone’s a big fan,” he put me down. His voice was deeper than it had been six months ago. He walked around my room, looking at each of the posters. “You have nearly every poster made of me,” he turned back to me and hugged me again.

“I missed you,” I mumbled.

“I missed you too,” he let go of me. He looked over at my guitar. “You started playing?” He smiled at me. I nodded and picked up the guitar. I sat on my bed and adjusted my fingers.

“I first saw you under the stars, when I started school In Seymour,” I started strumming the guitar. “I don't tell you how I feel cause . . .” I smiled. “No one is there to help me send.”

Charles sat next to me. His foot tapped to the beat and he smiled at my guitar. It was just like his. I changed chords a few times then started the chorus.

“I think of you every single day, I think about you everyday. I like how you are a sweet, loving person, it's a pleasure to be sad around you,” this was true for me.

This whole song was true, I loved him so much. He was the best friend I met in grade school outside the school at night. Charles was still tapping his foot, but now his hand slapped against his knee to the beat as well.

“My life would be complete if we were together. When I started school In Seymour, I could only hope that we could be together. Naivety plaguing me,” I sung louder.

Charles’s face was full of approval. Both of his feet tapped in unison, his hand tapped against his knee, and his other hand was resting on my shoulder.

“I think of you every single day, I think about you everyday. I like how you are a sweet, loving person. A fight here or there but they weren’t that bad,” I strummed the guitar on my last chord and looked over at Charles again.

“Wow,” he chuckled. I blushed and took out a small book from under my mattress.

“These are my songs,” I handed it to him. He flipped through the book and smiled at me.

“Wow, you wrote all of these while I was gone?” he got up and looked around my room again. “I didn’t notice a few minutes ago, but you changed your room since I was last here. Besides the posters I mean,” he looked at my bed. I had changed the covers from blue to red, one of my favorite colors.

“Yeah, and I got a new desk, and added a couch in the corner,” I pointed to the couch.

“Do you think you could teach me that song you were singing? I’d like to learn it,” he plopped down on my couch. I shrugged and nodded, looking into his hazel eyes. His brown hair was neatly cut, like it had been before he left. I was glad that there was one thing that didn’t change about him.

I stared into his eyes for the longest time. I didn’t really notice when he got up and waved a hand in front of my face. I shook my head and blinked a few times, trying to clear my head.

“You okay?” he sat down next to me again.

“Yeah,” I took a deep breath. “Here, let me teach you some of the chords,” I adjusted my fingers on the strings again.

“Not right now. Your graduation is tomorrow, right?” he leaned against my headboard.

“Yeah,” I leaned my guitar against the wall and pulled my knees up to my chest.

“Well, I have an early graduation gift for you,” he reached into his pocket and pulled out a little box. He handed it to me and I opened it. It was a little bracelet in it with my name on it. “Do you like it?” he slipped it onto my wrist. My name, Elizabeth, was carved into the silver.

“I love it,” I gasped. He patted my hand and leaned back against the headboard again.

We talked for a while, catching up on what he had been doing in Hollywood and what he was doing after he left. It pained me to know he was leaving in only two weeks.

“You know, I’m going on a world tour when I leave. I’m going to Hollywood first to pack though, then I’m going to Italy, Japan, China, Russia, then tour around here,” he tucked his arms behind his head.

“Really?” my heart hammered in my chest. I wasn’t going to see him for ages.

He nodded. “Yep,” he got up and leaned against the wall. “I really don’t like being a pop star sometimes. All I want to
PLEASE READ AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…
I only read the first couple paragraphs, and what I did read was extremely repetitive. We get it, he was your best friend and now he's a star!

Here is an edit of just the first 3 paragraphs.



I looked up at my wall and let my eyes fill with angry tears. How could he just up and leave? Charles’s picture hung everywhere. I had to be his biggest fan.

He was just a pop star now, but I wanted him back. Charles, my best friend. On the posters he was posing, sometimes with his shirt off and his awesome abs showing. My heart pounded hard every time I looked into the eyes of each of his posters. Man, was I in love with him.

Charles was coming back though. He would be staying for two weeks this summer. Maybe, I told myself, he could be convinced to come home permanently.

The chances of this, though were slim. Tears spilt over the rims of my eyes and I sobbed into my pillow. A knock sounded at my door, interrupting my crying, and I wiped my eyes.
PLEASE READ AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…
Ahh, it cuts off!!!! I wanna read more! ;) it's really good!!!
i love it!!! :) BUT it cuts off!
OMG!! i love itt! its amazing!

but yeah i think you should add some other stuff in the begging. He shows up in the book to fast. good luck!

when you publish it make sure to give us the name of it.! i will FOR SURE buy it!
I like it but i think it is strange that as soon as you introduce him as being so far away and hard to reach he ends up popping in. I think you should extend the opening more so that you can have a better grip on the reader before you jump into the revelation of Charles.
  • php web hosting
  • parameter
  •