Saturday 4 June 2011

This is an email do you think i can convince my professor to allow me to do an extra credit to change my grade

I do know who you are. The grade you received is based on your grades and class participation. I have re-reviewed your scores and I did not make a mistake in computing your grade. While you may not agree with it, I believe the grade is appropriate. Your midterm and final exam grade are based solely on your performance on the exam with the benefit of the curve which I gave to the entire class. Additionally I gave you 20 out of a possible 25 points for attendance and class participation (15 points for attendance and 10 points for participation). Your recollection of your class participation is very different than mine. As I explained when the class first met, I value class discussion and debate. While I cannot grade heavily for this, I do take into account how a student participates in class discussions. There are students who participated regularly by asking questions and engaging in discussions when topics were put before the class. There were others who chose not to participate at all in the class discussions and then there were those who were somewhere in the middle.





I can appreciate your concern about your grade, but I do not believe your grade should be changed.|||I agree with ruby. I could understand if you were an A+ student and got a C. But it does seem that your grades are final. A professor can be that way, but at times when you do take the time out and explain to the professor that your grade will change, usually they will. In your case, he knows who deserves the proper grades. Sorry.


Don%26#039;t hassle him, remember he%26#039;s your professor and in charge of your grades.|||well i think that you shoudnt convince your professer to change your grade after all what he did was best for you i dont know properly but perhaps you didnt participate in class activities pay attention a little bit more and see what happens next time|||My experience with professors like this, who value class participation, is that once the class/semester is over he%26#039;s not going to change the grade. The best you can do is tell him that you appreciate his feedback and ask him what kind of participation would count as %26quot;more active%26quot; so that you don%26#039;t have this same issue in the future. If you are a bit shy or hesitant about speaking in public, you could let him know. I don%26#039;t think it would convince him to change your grade but it might make him more willing to help you figure this out for future classes (especially with him). Ask him if he could point out some students in the class who were considered %26quot;high participants%26quot; or questions that were asked by students, or debates that went on, that stuck out in his mind as being positive participation.





Keep it positive ... I doubt he%26#039;ll change your grade but it%26#039;s a chance to learn and hopefully get the grade you are working toward if you ever have him as a professor again.